Most every bride begins to dream about her wedding day when she is a girl, imagining herself in a beautiful gown carrying a lush bouquet of flowers.
There is no question that the flowers a bride picks are a reflection of her personality and help create the mood of the wedding. With color being in the forefront of reception planning, your flower selections for the bouquets should coordinate and complement the color you select for your bridesmaids dresses; likewise, the flowers you select for your centerpieces should complement your linen selections and help set the tone for your reception.
Selecting flowers for the bouquets and centerpieces may seem a bit overwhelming, especially if you do not know too much about flowers. A good place to start is to go over what the meanings of the different colors are and the mood they create. The most popular colors for wedding flowers are white, yellow, pink, orange, blue, purple, lavender, green and red.
- White: creates a feeling of the simplest beauty, modesty and elegance; represents humility, innocence, and reverence.
- Yellow: creates a feeling of joy, lightheartedness, new beginnings, and happiness; brighten your reception.
- Pink: creates a feeling of grace, gentility, and happiness; represents innocence, youth, and joy.
- Orange: creates a feeling of energy, enthusiasm and warmth; represents confidence, satisfaction and a passion for life.
- Blue: creates a feeling of calmness; represents peace, openness, and serenity.
- Purple: creates a sense of pride, dignity, and success; represents accomplishment and admiration.
- Lavender: creates a feeling of femininity, refinement, grace and elegance; represents beauty and tranquility.
- Green: creates a feeling of health, resilience, good fortune, and youth; represents optimism and renewal.
- Red: creates a feeling of indisputable energy; represents beauty, courage, and heat.
Whether you want bold orange arrangements or elegant white and soft pink centerpieces, there are so many flower to choose from so you are sure to find the perfect color for your wedding.
Until next time…